“The Door to the Garden” and “A Rattlesnake Sings in the Grass” (first apperance) are facsimiles of Howard typescripts.
The illustrations in “Howard the Pirate” are photographs of Howard and his neighbor Leroy Butler sword fighting while Leroy’s sister Faustine referees (a third photo is on the front cover).
- ibc • Howard the Pirate • interior artwork by uncredited
- 2 • Letter from the Board (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Spring 2012) • essay by uncredited
- 3 • Witchita Falls Country • essay by Rob Roehm
- 4 • News & Events (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Spring 2012) • essay by uncredited
- 5 • The Door to the Garden • short story by Robert E. Howard (variant of Door to the Garden 1977)
- 13 • Glenn Lord, 1931-2011 • essay by Rusty Burke
- 15 • A Rattlesnake Sings in the Grass • poem by Robert E. Howard
- 16 • Howard the Pirate • essay by Patrice Louinet
- bc • Howard the Pirate • interior artwork by uncredited
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Spring 2012 (mailed April 2012)|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Photo of Robert with his neighbor Leroy Butler and his sister Faustine|
Prepared for publication by Rob Roehm
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end.
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers include covers.