Materials Howard wrote are facsimiles of typescripts.
The undated letter was not sent, and might have been intended for Tevis Clyde Smith or Harold Preece.
The Howard drawing on the back cover is untitled; the title if from the ToC.
“The Man on the Ground” (draft)
Untitled Synopsis: “The Black Hound of Death”
To an unknown recipient, unmailed, “Salaam: I’m writing mainly to find out about . . .”
Notes: “The House of Arabu”
- 2 • Letter from the Board (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Fall 2013) • essay by uncredited
- 3 • The Man on the Ground—draft • short story by Robert E. Howard
- 10 • News & Events: New Howard Photo • essay by Bill Cavalier
- 11 • Howard Typescripts at HRC • essay by Paul Herman
- 13 • Synopsis: The Black Hound of Death • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
- 14 • Undated Letter / “Altars and Jesters” • essay by Robert E. Howard
- 14 • Altars and Jesters • (1974) • poem by Robert E. Howard
- 16 • Notes: The House of Arabu • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
- bc • Design and Gun • interior artwork by Robert E. Howard
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Fall 2013 (mailed November 2013)|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Heretofore unknown photo of REH (Front)
“Design and gun” drawing by REH (Back)
Prepared for publication by Rob Roehm
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end.
Saddle stapled, wraps.