“The Cairn on the Headland” draft is a facsimile of Howard’s typescript, free of modifications made to the published story by Strange Tales editor Harry Bates.
The untitled story is a facsimile of a Howard typescript describing an imaginary boxing match.
The two poems on the back cover are a facsimile copy of a handwritten single sheet of paper.
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end. Included with Newsletter #1 for Robert E. Howard Foundation Legacy Circle members only are the following:
- 2 • Letter from the Board (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Spring 2008) • essay by Bill Cavalier
- 3 • The Cairn on the Headland, Draft A (Introduction) • essay by Rob Roehm
- 4 • The Cairn on the Headland, Draft A • short story by Robert E. Howard
- 16 • News and Events (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Spring 2008) • essay by uncredited
- 18 • Untitled story (“John L. Sullivan knocked out Ryan…”) • short story by Robert E. Howard
- bc • The Plains of Gilban • (2002) • poem by Robert E. Howard
- bc • Was I There? • (2002) • poem by Robert E. Howard
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Spring 2008 (mailed April 2008)|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Photo of REH|
Prepared for publication by Rob Roehm
“Jeffries Versus Dempsey” is an imaginative encounter between two heavyweight greats that was found among REH’s papers. This is a first appearance.
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers include covers.
Distributed to members of The Robert E. Howard Foundation.
“Rattle of Bones” is a copy of the original Howard typescript of the first draft of the story; the typescript is on the verso (even) pages and a cleaned up copy on the recto (odd) pages.