The “Pigeons from Hell” draft is a facsimile of the Howard typescript. It is significantly shorter than the final story and does not have the element of revenge that is in the final version.
The list of ruler’s titles covers countries in the Near and Middle East.
“Pigeons from Hell,” “The Guardian of the Idol,” and the List of Middle and Near Eastern Titles are all facsimile reproductions of original typescripts.
The synopsis on the back cover is a color facsimile of the Howard typescript.
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end.
- ibc • List of Ruler’s Titles • essay by Robert E. Howard
- 2 • Letter from the Secretary (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter #4) • essay by Paul Herman
- 3 • Pigeons from Hell (early draft) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- 19 • A Sample from The REH Poetry Index • essay by uncredited
- bc • Untitled Synopsis (“Guardian of the Idol”) • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Winter 2007|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Photo of REH|
Prepared for publication by Paul Herman.
Editor: Patrice Louinet
Erroneously cited as Volume 1 Number Three, Fall 2007 in the indicia on page 1.
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers include covers.
Distributed to members of The Robert E. Howard Foundation.