“The Dwellers under the Tombs, Draft A” is a facsimile of Howard’s typescript, the earlier and shorter of two drafts that survive.
The map is imbedded in a facsimile of a typed page (p. 156) of “The Hour of the Dragon”.
The letter to Smith is a facsimile of the handwritten letter, with drawings imbedded.
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end.
- fc • Postcard to Unknown Recipient, undated, handwritten (“Schlitz didn’t pay for this endorsement…”) • essay by Robert E. Howard
- 2 • Letter from the Board (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Summer 2008) • essay by Rob Roehm
- 3 • The Dwellers under the Tombs, Draft A • short story by Robert E. Howard
- 16 • News and Events (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Summer 2008) • essay by uncredited
- 17 • The Hour of the Dragon (map) • interior artwork by Robert E. Howard
- 18 • Letter to Tevis Clyde Smith, September 7, 1924 (“Salaam, Clyde, / You ought to be here. / Palm-trees are waving…”) • [Letters to Tevis Clyde Smith] • (1999) • essay by Robert E. Howard
- 19 • Mexican Soldiers, the Pride of the Nation • (1999) • interior artwork by Robert E. Howard
- 19 • Spig Acting Smart • (1999) • interior artwork by Robert E. Howard
- bc • The Dead Remember (two endings) • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Summer 2008 (mailed July 2008)|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Photo of REH|
Prepared for publication by Rob Roehm
Included with the newsletter for Robert E. Howard Foundation Legacy Circle members only are the following:
“The Horror from the Mound” – Typescript
2008 Robert E. Howard Foundation Pin
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers include covers.
Distributed to members of The Robert E. Howard Foundation.
The color facsimile with the two endings for “The Dead Remember” is a single typed sheet where one is upside down to the other.