Howard’s items are facsimile copies of typescripts, except for the postcard.
“The Lion of Tiberias” fragment contains the initial pages of Howard’s first submission to Oriental Stories, which he later rewrote at the behest of Farnsworth Wright in the letter on p. 4.
“The Year 1021”
“The Fifth Crusade”
“The Lion of Tiberias” – Draft pages
Untitled synopsis (“King of the Forgotten People”)
Untitled synopsis (“The Daughter of Erlik Khan”)
- 2 • Letter from the Board (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Winter 2012-13) • essay by uncredited
- 3 • Notes (“The Year 1021”, “The Fifth Crusade” and “1109 A.D.”) • essay by Robert E. Howard
- 4 • Letter to Robert E. Howard • essay by Farnsworth Wright
- 5 • The Lion of Tiberias (fragment) • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
- 15 • King of the Forgotten People—synopsis • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
- 16 • The Daughter of Erlik Khan—synopsis • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
- bc • Postcard to Harold Preece, circa June 1928 • essay by Robert E. Howard
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Winter 2012 (mailed February 2013)|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Photo taken by REH of a scene in Arkansas with a typed message on the back (Front)
Postcard to Harold Preece circa June 1928 (Back)
Prepared for publication by Rob Roehm
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end.
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers include covers.