Howard stories and poems are copies of typescripts. Cover photo is uncredited photo of Hester Howard and an unidentified cousin. The letters between Glenn Lord and Alla Ray Kuykendall deal with finding a copy of A Gent from Bear Creek published by Herbert Jenkins so that Donald M. Grant can photocopy it for publication.
- 2 • Letter from the Board (The Robert E. Howard Foundation Newsletter, Spring/Summer 2017) • essay by uncredited
- 3 • Letter to Mrs. Kuykendall, August 23, 1965 • essay by Glenn Lord
- 4 • Letter to Glenn Lord, August 27, 1965 • essay by Alla Ray Kuykendall
- 4 • Letter to Mrs. Kuykendall, September 15, 1965 • essay by Glenn Lord
- 5 • Black Canaan (alternative version) • (2010) • novelette by Robert E. Howard (variant of Black Canaan (Early Version))
- 48 • News and Events: Robert E. Howard at the 38th International Conference on Fantasy in the Arts (22-26 March 2017) • essay by Dierk Günther?
- 50 • News & Events: Robert E. Howard Days 2017 • essay by Bill Cavalier
- 55 • 2017 Robert E. Howard Foundation Awrds for 2016 • essay by uncredited
- 56 • The Broken Walls of Babel • (2002) • poem by Robert E. Howard
- 56 • Untitled poem (“For I have watched..”) • poem by Robert E. Howard
- 56 • Untitled poem (“Roar, silver trumpets..”) • poem by Robert E. Howard (variant of Roar, Silver Trumpets 1976)
- 57 • Untitled poem fragment (“Far in the gloomy Northland..”) • poem by Robert E. Howard (variant of Far in the Gloomy Northland 2002)
- 57 • Drawing of a Woman and a Devil • interior artwork by Robert E. Howard
|Publisher :||The Robert E. Howard Foundation|
|Year :||Spring/Summer (mailed late September 2017)|
|Format :||Periodical (8.5 x 11, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Front: Picture of Hester Jane Ervin and an Unidentified Cousin|
Back: Cover for PICTURES IN THE FIRE
|Illustrations :||Robert E. Howard|
Prepared for publication by Lee A. Breakiron.
Not available for individual sale. This newsletter was provided to Friends of REH and Legacy Circle members of the Robert E. Howard Foundation. It is a limited edition and all surplus copies will be destroyed at year’s end.
Actual date of publication September 28, 2017.