Weird Tales August 1925
“In the Forest of Villefere”, is a very short story, barely 4 pages long. But, the story is tight in that it; introduces the main character de Montour of Normandy, puts him on a dark road at night that is known for strange happenings, and strange creatures. de Montour meets a mysterious traveler along the way, who tells him a legend about werewolves.
- Black Medicine • novelette by Arthur J. Burks
- The Oldest Story in the World • short story by Murray Leinster
- The Bearded Men • short story by Adam Hull Shirk
- In the Forest of Villefère • [De Montour] • short story by Robert E. Howard
- Stallions of the Moon • poem by Frank Belknap Long
- The Man Who Laughed • short story by B. W. Sliney
- The Purple Cincture • short story by H. Thompson Rich
- The White Queen of the Corolans (Part 2 of 2) • serial by Arthur Thatcher
- The Jonah • short story by Guy Pain
- The Green Scarab • short story by Willis Knapp Jones
- The Lantern-Maker • short story by Frank Owen
- Maria Schweidler • [Servants of Satan • 6] • essay by Seabury Quinn
- The Devil’s Opera • short story by Arthur S. Garbett
- The Eyrie (Weird Tales, August 1925) • [The Eyrie] • essay by The Editor
- Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment • (1837) • short story by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Graveyard Skunk • short story by Harry Harrison Kroll
- The Last Trip • short story by Archie Binns
- La Belle Dame Sans Merci • (1820) • poem by John Keats
- The Vulture of Pignon • short story by W. J. Stamper
- Wolfgang Fex, Criminal • short story by Howard Elsmere Fuller
- The Revenge of Philippe Auguste • short story by Henri De Crouet and Hasan Vokine
|Publisher :||Popular Fiction Publishing Company|
|Year :||August 1925|
|Cover :||Andrew Brosnatch|
|Illustrations :||Listed under notes|
Weird Tales Volume 6 Number 2.
Perfect bound, wraps. Page numbers do not include covers.
Page numbers run from 145 through 288.
“Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment” is from Twice-Told Tales.