Weird Tales from June 1933 contains Robert E. Howards ‘Black Colossus’ which is one of the original short stories starring the fictional sword and sorcery hero Conan the Cimmerian. Howard earned $130 for the sale of this story.
Girasol Collectables did a great replica of the original with scanned text and interior art right from the original pulp pages. No editing. No reset text. See the link below to download/read.
- Black Colossus • [Conan] • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- Golden Blood (Part 3 of 6) • serial by Jack Williamson
- The Iron Man • short story by Paul Ernst
- The Crawling Curse • short story by Hugh B. Cave
- Genius Loci • short story by Clark Ashton Smith
- The Dwellers in the House • novelette by Sophie Wenzel Ellis
- A Sprig of Rosemary • short story by H. Warner Munn
- The Last Drive • short story by Carl Jacobi
- Nellie Foster • short story by August Derleth [as by August W. Derleth]
- The Eyrie (Weird Tales, June 1933) • [The Eyrie] • essay by The Editor
- The Floor Above • (1923) • short story by M. Humphreys
If you like to read a copy of this (brown pages and all), just click the button below. The file was provided by Dennis McHaney.
|Publisher :||Popular Fiction Publishing Company|
|Year :||June 1933|
|Replica by:||Girsasol Collectables – August 2012|
|Format :||Periodical (Pulp Magazine)|
|Cover :||Margaret Brundage|
|Illustrations :||Listed under notes|
Weird Tales Volume 21 Number 6.
Cover grabbed from: Black Colossus – Pulp Covers
File grabbed from: Weird Tales v21n06 [1933-06] – Thanks to zatoichi01 for uploading the file.
I’ve edited the PDF and changed the poor quality image. I’ve also made the index clickable.
Page numbers do not include covers. Page numbers run from 673 though 800.
J. Allen St. John