Weird Tales August 1930
First published in Weird Tales, August 1930. In Africa again, Kane’s old friend N’Longa (the witch doctor from “Red Shadows”) gives the Puritan a magic wooden staff, the Staff of Solomon, which will protect him in his travels. Kane enters the jungle and finds a city of vampires.
- The Eyrie (Weird Tales, August 1930) • [The Eyrie] • essay by The Editor
- The Pirate • poem by R. Jere Black, Jr.
- The Curse of Ximu-Tal • short story by Harry Noyes Pratt
- The Hills of the Dead • [Solomon Kane] • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- Mammy, on Ghos’es • poem by Kirk Mashburn [as by W. K. Mashburn, Jr.]
- Pigmy Island • novelette by Edmond Hamilton
- Daughter of the Moonlight • [Jules de Grandin] • novelette by Seabury Quinn
- The Law of the Hills • short story by Grace M. Campbell
- Earthworms of Karma (Part 2 of 3) • serial by Lon Dexter
- Dream Strife • poem by Bill Crosby
- The Hound of Duncardin • short story by Arlton Eadie
- “Just a Song at Twilight” • short story by August Derleth [as by August W. Derleth]
- Ghosts • poem by Jewell Bothwell Tull
- The Permanent Stiletto • (1889) • short story by W. C. Morrow
|Publisher :||Popular Fiction Publishing Company|
|Year :||August 1930|
|Cover :||Hugh Rankin|
|Illustrations :||Listed under notes|
Weird Tales Volume 16 Number 2.
Canada price C$0.30.
Page numbers run from 145 to 288 and do not include the covers.
C. C. Senf
Hugh Rankin (also as Doak)