Weird Tales from April 1934 contains the first publication of Howard’s ‘Shadows in the Moonlight’, a Conan story. Girasol Collectables did a great replica of the original with scanned text and interior art right from the original pulp pages. No editing. No reset text. I haven’t found that so I made my own from a downloaded PDF-file.
- Satan’s Garden (Part 1 of 2) • [Pierre d’Atois] • serial by E. Hoffmann Price
- Black Thirst • [Northwest Smith] • novelette by C. L. Moore
- Corsairs of the Cosmos • [Interstellar Patrol] • novelette by Edmond Hamilton
- Weird Tales, April 1934 • [Weird Tales Decorations] • interior artwork by Andrew Brosnatch (variant of The Desert Lich 1924)
- Shadows in the Moonlight • [Conan] • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- The Death of Malygris • [Malygris] • short story by Clark Ashton Smith
- Behind the Screen • short story by Ronal Kayser [as by Dale Clark]
- The Cane • short story by Carl Jacobi
- Weird Story Reprint • (1928) • interior artwork by Hugh Rankin
- Bells of Oceana • (1927) • short story by Arthur J. Burks
- In Mayan Splendor • poem by Frank Belknap Long [as by Frank Belknap Long, Jr.]
- The Eyrie (Weird Tales, April 1934) • [The Eyrie] • essay by The Editor
If you like to read a copy of this (cleaned up by me), just click the button below.Read it now!
Editor: Farnsworth Wright
“Shadows in the Moonlight” is illustrated by Hugh Rankin.
Volume 23, Number 4.
Page numbers run from 401 to 528 excluding covers.
Interior art credit for “The Eyrie” per Jaffery & Cook The Collector’s Index to Weird Tales.
H. R. Hammond