Weird Tales August 1934
“The Devil in Iron” is one of the original stories by Robert E. Howard about Conan the Cimmerian, first published here in Weird Tales in August 1934. Howard earned $115 for the publication of this story.
The plot concerns the resurrection of a mythical demon due to the theft of a sacred dagger, and an unrelated trap that lures Conan to the island fortress roamed by the demon. Due to its plot loopholes and borrowed elements from “Iron Shadows in the Moon”.
- The Devil in Iron • [Conan] • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- Dust of Gods • [Northwest Smith] • novelette by C. L. Moore (variant of Dust of the Gods)
- The Isle of Dark Magic • novelette by Hugh B. Cave
- The Beast-Helper • short story by Frank Belknap Long
- A Ship Is Sailing • poem by Katherine van der Veer
- The Distortion Out of Space • short story by Francis Flagg
- The Trail of the Cloven Hoof (Part 2 of 7) • serial by Arlton Eadie
- The Three Marked Pennies • short story by Mary Elizabeth Counselman
- In Slumber • poem by Clark Ashton Smith
- The Marvelous Knife • short story by Paul Ernst
- The Parasitic Hand • [Dr. Burnstrum] • (1926) • short story by Anthony M. Rud
- The Eyrie (Weird Tales, August 1934) • [The Eyrie] • essay by The Editor
If you like to read a copy of this, click one of the buttons. Edited and cleaned by me.Read it now! (clean, large) Read it now! (clean, small)
|Publisher :||Popular Fiction Publishing Company|
|Year :||August 1934|
|Replica by:||Girasol May 2007|
|Cover :||Margaret Brundage|
|Illustrations :||Listed under notes|
Weird Tales Volume 24 Number 2.
Page numbers do not include covers.
Page numbers run from 145 through 272.
H. R. Hammond