The Canadian edition of Jack Dempsey’s Fight Magazine June 1934, Volume 1 Number 2. Howard’s GENERAL IRONFIST was printed. Featuring Sailor Steve Costigan. Howard earned $35 for this story.
The American and Canadian editions have identical content. The cover is also the same except for the publication month and it says “Printed in Canada”.
- “General Ironfist” by Robert E. Howard
- “The Fire of Competition” by Jack Dempsey (Editorial)
- “Ghost Fighter” by Franklin Martin
- “Box-Office Champ (The Life Story of Max Baer)” [Part 2 of 2] by Jack Kofoed (Fact Story)
- “I Saw ’Em Fight” by Ringsider
- “Ripe for a Smacking” by C. A. Osler
- “Miracle Men of the Mat” by Dan Seabury
- “All Crossed Up” by Edmund Du Perrier
- “Wrestling’s My Game” by Jack Curley
- “With the Leather-Pushers” by Hype Igoe
- Training for Health, Strength and the Ring” by Philadelphia Jack O’Brien
- “The Turnstile” by Jack Dempsey (Letter Column)
Editor: Jack Dempsey
Publisher: W. H. Kofoe
The inside front cover has an ad for the “Tuckett Tobacco Company” (Canadian firm).
The indicia reads: “CANADIAN EDITION / Printed and Distributed in Canada by the Trans-Canada News Company, 210 Dundas St. W. Toronto, Ont. / Published monthly by Champion Associates.”
|Publisher :||Champion Associates, Inc. / Trans-Canada News|
|Year :||July 1934|
|Format :||Periodical (Pulp Magazine)|
|Pages :||132 including covers|
|Cover :||Earle Bergey|
|Illustrations :||Earle Bergey and Allan Thomas|