Periodical or fanzine from fall 1974 containing Robert E. Howards ‘Under the Boabab Tree’ and ‘The Vultures’ with the alterative ending. Editor Wayne Warfield. This is the first appearance of ‘Under the Boabab Tree’.
- 3 • Editorial (Cross Plains V1n5) • essay by uncredited
- 5 • Under the Baobab Tree • short story by Robert E. Howard
- 5 • Under the Baobab Tree • interior artwork by Stephen Fabian [as by Stephen E. Fabian]
- 12 • The Vultures • short fiction by Robert E. Howard (variant of Vultures of Wahpeton; Alternate Ending 1936)
- 15 • Cross Plains V1n5 • interior artwork by Roy G. Krenkel
- 16 • Solomon Kane: Pirate • essay by Fred Blosser
- 18 • Review: Echoes from an Iron Harp by Robert E. Howard • review by Steve Eng [as by John Bredon]
- 20 • Conan the Barbarian Check List • essay by Jonathan Bacon
- 23 • Review: The Oakdale Affair by Edgar Rice Burroughs • review by Wayne Warfield
- 24 • Cross Plains V1n5 • interior artwork by John Stewart [as by J. Stewart]
- 25 • Cross Plains V1n5 • interior artwork by G. M. Farley
- 26 • Whispers from Cross Plains (Cross Plains V1n5) • essay by George Hamilton [as by George T. Hamilton]
- bc • Cross Plains V1n5 • interior artwork by John F. Mayer
|Publisher :||George Hamilton|
|Year :||Fall 1974|
|Format :||8.5 x 7, saddle stapled|
|Cover :||Stephen E. Fabian|
|Illustrations :||Stephen E. Fabian , Roy Krenkel, J. Stewart , G.M. Farley and John F. Mayer.|
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers do not include front cover.
8.5″ x 7″.
“The Vultures” is an alternate (happy) ending to the story; only the ending is published here.
Whispers from Cross Plains is a list of recent publications of interest to fans of Robert E. Howard.
Baobab is incorrectly spelled (Boabab) in the ToC.