REH: Two-Gun Raconteur #18 from 2015. Contains ‘The Cobra in the Dream’ by Howard, illustrated by Charles Fetherolf. A Worms of the Earth portfolio by Michael L. Peters and lots of articles and illustrations.
In the mid-1970s, when the Robert E. Howard Boom was just beginning, REH: Two-Gun Raconteur was on the cutting edge of Howard Fandom. During those heady days there was a continuous stream of hardback books, paperbacks, magazines, comics, chapbooks, fanzines, art portfolios and one-shot publications all devoted to the gifted author and poet from Cross Plains, Texas. When the Boom eventually faded out in the late eighties, the fans and admirers of Robert E. Howard still carried the torch, waiting for a time when Howard would return and that time has come. While not on as grand a scale as the earlier boom, it is nonetheless a great time to be a Howard fan.
Each issue features an outstanding line-up of obscure Robert E. Howard fiction, insightful essays and in-depth articles by award winning Howard scholars, plus first-rate artwork by up and coming young artists as well as established favorites.
So, if you are an aficionado of the works of the world’s greatest fantasy and adventure writer, you will find the spirit of Robert E. Howard lives on, bringing fire and thunder to the pages of REH: Two-Gun Raconteur.
- “The Cobra in the Dream” by Robert E. Howard, Illustrated by Charles Fetherolf
- The Junto (Contributor’s page)
- “The Dark Lines” (Editorial) by Damon C. Sasser
- “The Hyborian Sage: Real-World Parallels Between Howard’s Essay and Modern Discoveries” by Wm. Michael Mott, Illustrated by Robert Sankner
- “Conan der Ubermensch” by David Scherpenhuizen, Illustrated by Bill Cavalier
- “Worms of the Earth: A Bran Mak Morn Portfolio” by Michael L. Peters
- “The Poetry Contest” by Rob Roehm
- “A Farewell to the Old West – The End of the ‘Old Frontier'” by Dierk Guenther, Illustrated by Richard Pace
- “Iron Man Roll Call” by Chris Gruber, Illustrated by Clayton Hinkle
- “Not Your Ordinary Gun-Dummy: The Western heroes of Robert E. Howard” by James Reasoner, Illustrated by Terry Pavlet
Summer 2015. Volume 1 Number 18.
Saddle stapled, wraps. Page numbers do not include covers.
150 numbered copies signed by Damon C. Sasser.
Editor and publisher: Damon C. Sasser
|Publisher:||The Black Coast Press|
|Year :||Summer 2015|
|Book No. :||None|
|Cover :||Bob Covington (Front)|
Bryan “Zarono” Reagan (Inside front and back)
Stephen Fabian (Back)
|Illustrations :||Charles Fetherolf, Robert Sankner, Bill Cavalier, Michael L. Peters, Richard Pace, Clayton Hinkle, Terry Pavlet, Alex Nino, and John Bolton|