This is a variant of ‘Delcardes’ Cat‘.
Thulsa Doom first appeared (as Thulses Doom) at the end of the short story “Delcardes’ Cat” by Robert E. Howard, which featured the character Kull as the protagonist. Howard later edited the text to include foreshadowing/references to Thulsa Doom (as he had been rechristened) throughout the story and changed the title to The Cat and the Skull to reflect this.
Thulsa Doom is described by Howard in “The Cat and the Skull” as having a face “like a bare white skull, in whose eye sockets flamed livid fire”. He is seemingly invulnerable, boasting after being trampled by one of Kull’s comrades that he feels “only a slight coldness” when being injured and will only “pass to some other sphere when [his] time comes”.
- KULL: EXILE OF ATLANTIS, Del Rey, October 2006
- KULL: EXILE OF ATLANTIS, Science Fiction Book Club, November 2006
- KULL. ESULE DI ATLANTIDE, Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, April 2008 (Italian)
- KULL: EXILE OF ATLANTIS, Subterranean Press, August 2008
- THE KULL SERIES: THE CAT AND THE SKULL, Paradox Entertainment Inc., January 2010
- KULL: EXILE OF ATLANTIS, Tantor Media Inc., January 2010 (audio)
- KULL LE ROI ATLANTE, Bragelonne, July 2010 (French)
- THE KULL SERIES: THE CAT AND THE SKULL, Paradox Entertainment Inc., September 2011
- KULL: THE CAT AND THE SKULL, Dark Horse Comics, 2011.
- KULL: BANITA Z ATLANTYDY, Rebis, February 2014 (Polish)
- БРАН МАК МОРН, ПОСЛЕДНИЙ КОРОЛЬ. КУЛЛ, ВЫХОДЕЦ ИЗ АТЛАНТИДЫ (BRAN MAK MORN: THE LAST KING. KULL: NATIVE OF ATLANTIS), Eksmo, May 2014 (Russian)
- KULTAISEN KALLON KIROUS, Oppian, January 2019 (Finnish)
- KULTAISEN KALLON KIROUS, Oppian, March 2020 (Finnish)
- KULL LE ROI ATLANTE, L’INTÉGRALE, Bragelonne, June 2020 (French)