Dark Horse’s take on The Cat and the Skull. Kull’s uneasy rule is again threatened by the serpent cult determined to destroy him, as it seeks aid from his most frightening foe, the immortal Thulsa Doom!
- #1A • Writer: David Lapham • Penciller: Gabriel Guzman • Colorist: Dan Jackson • Cover Artist Jo Chen
- #1B • Writer: David Lapham • Penciller: Gabriel Guzman • Colorist: Dan Jackson • Cover Artist (variant cover): Stephanie HansFew women in all the Seven Kingdoms can equal the beauty of Delcardes, but Kull is more interested in her traveling companion–the cat, Saremes. It is rumored that Saremes is of the old race and Kull is anxious to hear her counsel. The Hate Witch is dead but the serpent cult is rallying under a powerful wizard. In order to protect the people of Valusia, Kull must unravel the mysteries of this wise and ancient creature.
- #2 • Writer: David Lapham • Penciller: Gabriel Guzman • Colorist: Dan Jackson • Cover Artist Jo Chen • Cover Artist (variant cover): Stephanie HansWith unparalleled military might and the diligent King Kull on the throne, there are few threats to the mighty Valusian empire, but among the top are the snake-men. They have the ability to change their shape to blend in with the populace, striking from the familiar. What, then, could terrify a snake-man? The greatest threats to civilization are just the pawns of a horrible wizard with powers that dwarf the considerable magics of the snake-men. What chance does Kull, a mortal man, stand against a seemingly all-powerful, immortal foe?
- #3 • Writer: David Lapham • Penciller: Gabriel Guzman • Colorist: Dan Jackson • Cover Artist Jo ChenThere is only one place in Valusia that even the bravest men dare not disturb–the Forbidden Lake. Thousands of years before Kull, men sought to conquer the people of the lake, and were turned back by magic and the creatures spawned in those dark waters. When Saremes the cat informs Kull that his closest ally Brule has gone to the lake, the mighty king sets out, sword in hand, to rescue his friend from whatever monsters lie dormant in those mysterious waters!
- #4 • Writer: David Lapham • Penciller: Gabriel Guzman • Colorist: Garry Henderson • Cover Artist Jo ChenBeneath the Forbidden Lake, Kull encounters an ancient people enraged at his trespass. In the depths, the truth about the fortune-seeing cat is at last uncovered, but Kull must first survive the fury of the lake men if he is to return to Valusia and face his true enemy, a malignant evil that has orchestrated the entire deception!
|Publisher :||Dark Horse Comics|
|Issues in series:||4 + 1 variant|
|Pages :||32 pages|
|Cover :||Marcus Boas|
|Illustrations :||Maelo Cintron|
Various opinions on this version from Dark Horse. The real story is much more complicated, and very intriguing.