Fantastic Universe Volume 4 Number 5. Contains CONAN, MAN OF DESTINY which is a story based on a final draft (now at Cross Plains Public Library) that L. Sprague de Camp found and rewrote as “Conan, Man of Destiny,” then later published as THE ROAD OF THE EAGLES.
- 3 • The Story Behind the Cover … (Fantastic Universe, December 1955) • essay by Frank Belknap Long
- 4 • Conan, Man of Destiny • [Conan] • novelette by L. Sprague de Camp and Robert E. Howard (variant of The Road of the Eagles)
- 29 • The Entity • short story by Arthur Porges
- 34 • The Conquerors • short story by Ed M. Clinton, Jr.
- 46 • The Quetenestel Towers • short story by Robert F. Young
- 53 • When Blindness Strikes • short story by Winston K. Marks [as by Winston Marks]
- 58 • The Mental Coin • novelette by Richard R. Smith
- 82 • Jukebox • short story by Arthur Sellings
- 90 • Consultant Diagnostician • short story by Frank Bryning [as by F. B. Bryning]
- 102 • Picture That! • short story by Norman Arkawy
- 109 • Floyd and the Eumenides • short story by Evelyn E. Smith
- 124 • Universe in Books (Fantastic Universe, December 1955) • [Universe in Books (Fantastic Universe)] • essay by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 124 • Review: Reprieve from Paradise by H. Chandler Elliott • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 125 • Review: Exploring Mars by R. S. Richardson • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 126 • Review: Flying Saucers from Mars by Cedric Allingham • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 127 • Review: Sargasso of Space by Andre Norton • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 127 • Review: Far and Away by Anthony Boucher • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 127 • Review: Earthlight by Arthur C. Clarke • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
- 128 • Review: Assignment to Disaster by Edward S. Aarons • review by Hans Stefan Santesson
Editorial Director: Leo Margulies
Revised by de Camp from an unpublished historical adventure story, “The Road of the Eagles,” into a Conan story.
R. S. Richardson is listed as Robert S. Richardson. “Flying Saucers from Mars” is listed as “Flying Saucer from Mars”. Andre Norton is listed as Andrew North.
|Publisher :||King-Size Publications|
|Year :||December 1955|
|Format :||Periodical (Digest)|
|Cover :||Mel Hunter|