This is a collection of four of Howard’s serious (as opposed to the Breckenridge Elkins humorous tall-tales series that were modeled after Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan) Western stories. The title story appeared in a 1936 issue of Smashing Novels Magazine. None of the others were printed during his lifetime.
- 5 • The Vultures of Whapeton • non-genre • (1936) • novella by Robert E. Howard (variant of The Vultures of Wahpeton)
- 93 • Afterword (The Vultures of Wahpeton) • non-genre • (1973) • essay by Glenn Lord
- 98 • Showdown at Hell’s Canyon • non-genre • (1973) • novelette by Robert E. Howard (variant of The Judgment of the Desert)
- 132 • Drums of the Sunset • non-genre • (1928) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- 169 • Wild Water • non-genre • (1975) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
For the second printing:
Stated 2nd printing. Incorrect ISBN stated:0-09083-144-9, should be 0-89083-144-0.
There is also a third printing; October 1976 also with incorrect ISBN stated on the spine.
|Year :||November 1975 (1st), March 1976 (2nd), October 1976 (3rd)|
|Book No. :||0-09083-144-9|
|Cover art :||Jeff Jones|