Contains the famous story Skull-Face (Steve Costigan), Lord of the Dead and Names in the Black Book (Steve Harrison). It also contains Taverel Manor which is a sort of follow-up no Skull-Face. This was never finished by Howard. Richard A. Lupoff wrote the rest of the story. Skull-Face was published in three parts in Weird Tales. October 1929, November 1929 and December 1929.
There is a fold out poster of the cover as well.
- [bp] • Skull-Face (frontispiece) • interior artwork by uncredited
- 1 • Pictures in the Flames-An Introduction • essay by Richard A. Lupoff
- 8 • Skull-Face • interior artwork by Hugh Rankin
- 13 • Skull-Face • (1929) • novella by Robert E. Howard
- 115 • Lord of the Dead • [Steve Harrison] • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- 153 • Names in the Black Book • [Steve Harrison] • (1934) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- 189 • Taverel Manor • novelette by Robert E. Howard and Richard A. Lupoff
|Publisher :||Berkley (Berkley Medallion Books)|
|Year :||February 1978|
|Book No.:||ISBN: 0-425-03708-8 [978-0-425-03708-9]|
|Cover :||Ken Kelly|
|Illustrations :||Hugh Rankin|
Stated Berkley Medallion edition, February, 1978.
Assumed 1st printing.Color fold out poster of cover art bound in.
Cover artist is uncredited. No visible signature. Kelly is confirmed by the online Robert E. Howard Bibliography.
Interior art is also uncredited. The two page illustration on page 8 and 9 is clearly signed as Hugh Rankin