Non-Howard material. Conan the Swordsman is a collection of seven fantasy short stories and associated pieces written by L. Sprague de Camp, Lin Carter, and Björn Nyberg featuring Robert E. Howard’s sword and sorcery hero Conan the Barbarian. It was first published in paperback by Bantam Books in August 1978 and reprinted in 1981. Later paperback editions were issued by Ace Books (April 1987 and March 1991). The first hardcover edition was published by Tor Books in December 2002. The first British edition was issued by Sphere Books in 1978. The book has also been translated into Italian and French. It was later gathered together with Conan the Liberator and Conan and the Spider God into the omnibus collection Sagas of Conan (Tor Books, January 2004).
- Conan the Swordsman (map) • interior artwork by Tim Kirk
- Conan the Swordsman • interior artwork by Tim Kirk
- 1 • The Conan Saga • essay by L. Sprague de Camp
- 9 • Legions of the Dead • short story by Lin Carter and L. Sprague de Camp
- 33 • The People of the Summit • short story by L. Sprague de Camp and Björn Nyberg
- 51 • Shadows in the Dark • short story by Lin Carter and L. Sprague de Camp
- 81 • The Star of Khorala • short story by L. Sprague de Camp and Björn Nyberg
- 113 • The Gem in the Tower • novelette by Lin Carter and L. Sprague de Camp
- 141 • The Ivory Goddess • short story by Lin Carter and L. Sprague de Camp
- 165 • Moon of Blood • short story by Lin Carter and L. Sprague de Camp
- 205 • Hyborian Names • essay by L. Sprague de Camp
“A Bantam Book/August 1978”
Printing not stated, no number line
The cover artist is credited on the backside of the foldout front cover, the artwork also has his initials [in mirror-image].
The title page identifies the illustrator as Tim Kirk. He has also signed the map in the lower-left corner.
Printed in the US.
|Year :||August 1978|
|Book No. :||ISBN: 0-553-12018-2|
|Cover :||Darrel Greene|
|Illustrations :||Tim Kirk|