Lord of the Dead is a collection of crime short stories by Robert E. Howard. It was first published in 1981 by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. in an edition of 1,250 copies. The stories are inspired by Sax Rohmer. ‘The Mystery of Tannernoe Logde’ was completed by Fred Blosser from an unfinished story.
- Lord of the Dead • interior artwork by G. Duncan Eagleson
- 9 • Introduction: From Limehouse to River Street • essay by Robert E. Briney
- 21 • Lord of the Dead • [Steve Harrison] • (1978) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- 79 • The Mystery of Tannernoe Lodge • [Steve Harrison] • novelette by Fred Blosser and Robert E. Howard
- 129 • Names in the Black Book • [Steve Harrison] • (1934) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
Limited edition of 1250 copies per Chalker and Owings.
Stated first edition.
Nine interior full page black & white illustrations.
One interior double page black & white illustration.