The Howard Review #1. Published by Dennis McHaney in 1975. Contains ‘The Fearsome Touch of Death’ by Howard.
- The Howard Review #1 • interior artwork by Tom Foster
- 2 • Introduction (The Howard Review #1) • essay by Dennis McHaney
- 5 • The Fearsome Touch of Death • (1930) • short story by Robert E. Howard
- 15 • The Fiction of Robert E. Howard: I. Published Fiction • essay by Glenn Lord
- 23 • The Fiction of Robert E. Howard: II. Unpublished Fiction • essay by Glenn Lord
Produced on a mimeograph machine.
Produced in two editions:
206 copy regular edition (right top)
27 copy bound board edition (right bottom)
The 27 copy bound board edition was only distributed to friends of the publisher.
The first 10 copies of the bound board edition were signed and numbered.
The regular edition of 206 copies sold out very quickly.
Demand was so great for a reprint that the publisher completely re-did the issue, with more material and decent printing, late in 1975.