This book is a collection of articles about the early history of the art and the illustrators who made the works of Robert E. Howard come to life. Contents include: A heavily illustrated article on some of the best artists who worked for Weird Tales by Frank Coffman. A look at Roy G. Krenkel’s work for Donald M. Grant by Dennis McHaney. A reference guide to Roy G. Krenkel’s work for Amra by Dennis McHaney. A look at Frank Frazetta’s work on The Ultimate Triumph by Robert E. Howard. A Tribute to Jeffrey Catherine Jones by Bill Cavalier. An overview of Stephen E. Fabian’s work for the works of Robert E. Howard by Damon Sasser.
An overview of Stephen E. Fabian’s work for the works of Robert E. Howard by Damon Sasser.
- 4 • From the beginning… an introduction • by Dennis McHaney
- 5 • The contributors… • by Dennis McHaney
- 6 • Illustrating Robert E. Howard in Weird Tales • by Frank Coffman
- 13 • Weird Tales Gallery • by Dennis McHaney
- 27 • Roy G. Krenkel Master of the Universe • by Dennis McHaney
- 37 • Roy G. Krenkel and Amra • by Dennis McHaney
- 54 • All hail, the barbarian: The Ultimate Triumph • Interviews with Marcelo Anciano, Gary Gianni, Rusty Burke and David Winniewicz by Anya Martin
- 75 • The Robert E. Howard Art of Jeffrey Jones • by Bill Cavalier
- 87 • Stephen Fabian Grand Master of Fantasy Illustration • by Damon Sasser
Contributors: Dennis McHaney, Frank Coffman, Damon Sasser, Bill Cavalier, Anya Martin
Associate editor: Rob Roehm
Profits from the sale of this book will benefit Project Pride!
A small number was sold directly on Facebook by Dennis McHaney before it became available as print-on-demand. Some where signed.
|Publisher:||Old Tiger Press|
|Year :||September 2021|
|Book No. :|
|Format :||Paperback US Letter (8.5 x 11 in / 216 x 279 mm)|
|Cover :||Cover art from Weird Tales September 1934|
|Illustrations :||Illustrations, covers and lots more|