The Road of Azrael
The Road of Azrael is a collection of historical short stories by Robert E. Howard. This painting was used as the cover of the first publishing in 1979 by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. in an edition of 2,150 copies, of which, 300 were boxed and signed by the artist. A collection of short stories from Robert E. Howard. The majority of them take place in the crusading era and the final story takes place in the late middle ages.
- The Road of Azrael • (1976) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- The Track of Bohemund • (1979) • short story by Robert E. Howard
- The Way of the Swords • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- Hawks Over Egypt • (1979) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
- Gates of Empire • (1939) • novelette by Robert E. Howard
Art by Roy G. Krenkel
Limited slipcased edition of 310 copies, signed by the artist.
Month of publication from Locus #223 (Jul/Aug 1979).
Six color plates, one for each story plus frontispiece on p. 2, different pictorial endpapers front and rear. Page numbers given for illustrations in contents are facing pages (except frontispiece).
Additional small two-color drawings at the beginning of each story, on the back cover and on the illustration ToC.
Cover and interior artist credited on front jacket flap.