Edited by Mark Hall. The Dark Man V5N2.
The Dark Man: Journal of Robert E. Howard and Pulp Studies is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal devoted to the academic study of Robert E. Howard’s literary legacy as well as the literary historical and print culture contexts associated with it. The journal seeks to publish full-length articles, brief critical notes and commentaries, bibliographies, reviews of books, and other scholarship that treats Howard’s life, time, literary work, and associated topics such as Weird Tales, H.P. Lovecraft, and the concept of a transhistorical pulp fiction aesthetic.
- 83 • Editorial (The Dark Man V5n1) • essay by Mark Hall
- 85 • The Man Who Helped Conan: An Interview with Roy Thomas • interview of Roy Thomas • interview by Jeffrey Kahan
- 117 • Fandom at the “Crossroads”: Jonathan Bacon and the Legacy of Robert E. Howard • essay by Lee A. Breakiron [as by Lee Breakiron]
- 125 • The Dark Man V5n1 (Cover of “Fantasy Crossroads #6) • interior artwork by Gene Day
- 127 • The Dark Man V5n1 (Cover of “Fantasy Crossroads #8) • interior artwork by Richard Corben
Editors: Charles Gramlich, Mark Hall, Jeffrey Kahan
Perfect bound, wraps. Pages numbered from 81 through 140; page numbers do not include covers.
Cover artist credited on ToC.