Edited by Leo Grin | Illustrated by Jason Castagna
This issue was printed only in a deluxe edition, numbered 1–75, using a black linen cover with foil-stamped blood-red text.
- “Cross Plains or Bust” by Leo Grin (Editorial)
- “Cross Plains Memories” by Leo Grin, with Bill “Indy” Cavalier, Mark Finn, Chris Gruber, James Reasoner, Gary Romeo, Damon Sasser, and Tom Verhaaren
- “Sacred Ground” by Robert Weinberg
- “Announcements” by Leo Grin
- “A Spirit on the Wind” by Frank Coffman (poem)
- “He Was Deadly” by Don Herron
- “The Lion’s Den” by Darrell Schweitzer, Gary Romeo,
- James Reasoner, Frank Coffman, and Charles Hoffman
- (letter column)
|Publisher :||Leo Grin|
|Year :||December 2004|
|Format :||Chapbook ( 6.9 x 8.5, saddle stapled)|
|Cover :||Jason Castagna|
|Illustrations :||Jason Castagna|
DELUXE COPIES DESTROYED: 0
Features a comprehensive series of indexes and supplementary material covering the first year of The Cimmerian (Volume 1, Numbers 1–5, 2004). Includes Title Indexes, Author and Subject Indexes, Contributor’s Guide, a Catalogue of Art and more.
This special index issue is only available in a deluxe edition, and is the perfect capstone to your deluxe Volume 1 collection.
As time passes, the booklet you are holding is likely to become a nightmare to acquire for the Howard completist.
— from “Envoi — 2004”
Olmec spoke further, of dark and mysterious matters, of black magic and wizardry conjured out of the black night of the catacombs, of weird creatures invoked out of the darkness for horrible allies.
— from “Red Nails” by Robert E. Howard in the Catalogue of Art
Hardly the first poem written in memory of Howard, it nevertheless takes a place next to efforts by Emil Petaja and Manly Wade Wellman as one of the best.
— from “Guide to the Contributors”