Contains a poem by Howard and a small excerpt from ‘Beyond the Black River’. This was created for the 100th birthday celebration of Robert E. Howard, held at The Torch in Forth Worth, Texas on January 21st of 2006. As the title says, it was originally scheduled to be held at the Black Dog Tavern, but was moved at the last minute.
Text was read aloud by Bill Cavalier at the party for Robert E. Howard’s 100th birthday.
- 3 • Recompense • (1938) • poem by Robert E. Howard
- 5 • Robert E. Howard text from “Beyond the Black River” • short fiction by Robert E. Howard
- 5 • Robert E. Howard at the Black Dog • interior artwork by Bill Cavalier
- 7 • Robert E. Howard at the Black Dog  • interior artwork by Bill Cavalier
- 10 • Robert E. Howard at Fort McKavett, July 9, 1933 • interior artwork by uncredited
Howard Works ISFDB
Limited to 50 (or less) copies.
This was also included in the February 2006 REHupa mailing (#197), but the printing was two-sided.
Page 1 contains an actual rubbing of the footstone that used to be at REH’s grave. The footstone was stolen in the 1980s.
|Publisher:||Bill “Indy” Cavalier|
|Year :||January 2006|
|Book No. :||None|
|Format :||11 x 17 sheet of paper, folded in half, with three 8.5 x 11 pages inside, each only printed on one side.|
|Cover :||Bill Cavalier|
|Illustrations :||Bill Cavalier|